Medicare estimates that $17 billion in readmission costs are avoidable1. In addition, 71¢ of every dollar of US health care spending goes to treating people with multiple chronic conditions (MCC)2. To address this unsustainable burden, health systems are searching for models that safely and efficiently manage at-risk patient populations in remote care settings.
- 2net Hub integrates a wide range of short-range radios including Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart and WiFi, enabling flexible connectivity across a broad ecosystem of medical devices.
- 2net Mobile offers customers Bring - Your-Own-Device (BYOD) flexibility by enabling connectivity compatibility with the market leading mobile phones/tablets and OS combinations.
Open, Vendor Neutral Design
- Qualcomm Life has built one of the world’s largest connected health ecosystems and deploy an open, device agnostic architecture.
- 2net offers an open device and application agnostic design with a choice of secure mobile gateways.
- Its flexible architecture adapts to a wide range of use cases across both iOS and Android devices.
Secure Medical-Grade Infrastructure
- 2net delivers end-to-end connectivity designed to meet FDA and HIPAA safety and privacy standards.
- 2net Hub and 2net Mobile are MDDS Class 1 FDA-listed and provide 11 layers of authentication, encryption and access control.
* The 2net Platform, 2net Hub and 2net Mobile are separately FDA listed as Class I MDDS (Medical Device and Data Systems) in the U.S., Class I MDD and CE-Marked in Europe, and Class I in Canada. As MDDS devices, they are designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with a quality system compliant with ISO13485 standards, meaning it aligns with the quality requirements of U.S. and international regulatory agencies in the health care industry.
1. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Real-Time Reporting of Medicare Readmissions Data. Niall Brennan, Acting Director, Offices of Enterprise Management. February, 2014.
2. Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research. Analysis of 2010 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey Data. (2013) Abt Associates | Anderson G. Chronic Care: Making the Case for Ongoing Care. (2010). Robert Wood Johnson Foundation | Chronic Conditions among Medicare Beneficiaries Chartbook, 2012 Edition. (2012). Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services | 2010 Census Data, U.S. Census.