As our population continues to age, the burden of care transitions, managing chronic disease, and hospital readmissions has become daunting. Medicare estimates that $17 billion in readmission costs each year are avoidable.2 To manage the clinical and financial toll of this huge population of patients, health systems are searching for models that safely and efficiently manage at-risk patient populations in remote care settings.
Bridging care settings and informing care
Our solutions are helping to improve care transitions, reduce readmissions, and enable scalable chronic care management models from hospital to home, and at all points in between. Our advanced 2net Connectivity Platform unlocks vital post-acute care data in near real-time. This helps providers to manage patients with chronic conditions remotely, to focus resources more effectively, and to make informed interventions. 2net users enjoy assets such as:
- Access to secure, effortless connectivity, which enables health systems to transition patients to lower-cost care settings with confidence
- Secure data storage and integration with virtually any remote care system, application, or portal through the 2net Platform, which makes data fluid and accessible to the entire care team
- Secure medical-grade infrastructure designed with 11 layers of authentication, encryption, and access control to protect data in transit and at rest
2net is a product of Qualcomm Life, Inc.
As health systems focus on predictable outcomes in the hospital and beyond, we have engineered our connected health solutions to inform continuous care and improve access to and security of data across care settings.
Why Qualcomm Life
- Interoperability and connectivity expertise that spans care settings
- Flexible, scalable gateways to suit a wide range of use cases
- Connected health and chronic care management expertise honed over a decade of deploying at scale with leading health care systems and companies
- Expansive open ecosystem of devices, sensors and leading health care companies
- Powering the connected therapy solutions from leading pharmaceutical companies, to help improve medication adherence and avoid direct medical costs and unnecessary readmissions that happen as a result of non-adherence
- End-to-end connectivity designed to meet FDA and HIPAA safety and privacy standards
- An effortless plug and play patient experience in the home with 2net Hub and Mobile
- Expertise to formulate, test and validate devices across mobile platforms and kit combinations
CONTACT US ›
2 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Real-Time Reporting of Medicare Readmissions Data. Niall Brennan, Acting Director, Offices of Enterprise Management. February, 2014.