Mobilizing health care
Qualcomm Life is mobilizing health care to improve lives and advance the capabilities of medical devices. Qualcomm Life is focused on device connectivity and data management, empowering medical device manufacturers to deliver wireless health quickly and easily to those who need it.
Qualcomm Life has structured its 2net™ Platform to align with the following market conditions:
- There are 300 million people in Europe and North America and 860 million worldwide with at least one chronic disease. It is estimated that 25% of patients would immediately benefit from wireless home monitoring solutions and another 50% of patients would benefit from handset integration of existing medical devices. (CDC, 2011; WHO, 2011; “mHealth and Home Monitoring”, Berg Insight, 2009.)
- By 2020, at least 160 million Americans will be monitored and treated remotely for at least one chronic condition. (Johns Hopkins University – Chronic Conditions, 2004.)
- mHealth provides 2x greater access to care, decreases administrative costs by 24% and decreases costs for senior care by 25%. (AlliedHealthWorld, 2012.)
- 88% of physicians want patients to track or monitor their health at home. (PricewaterhouseCoopers– HRI Physician Survey, 2010.)
Qualcomm Life has been bringing the healthcare and wireless markets together by establishing the building blocks for a global wireless health industry for nearly a decade:
- Trade Organizations: ATA (board member), COCIR, European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry (member), Continua Health Alliance (president and board chair), DigitalEurope (member), GSMA (strategic partner), OECD BIAC Health committee (member), TEDMED (sponsor), Wireless Life Sciences Alliance (founder and board chair), X PRIZE Foundation (sponsor of Tricorder challenge)
- Research & Education: West Health Institute (founding technology partner), USC Body Computing (strategic advisor), The Scripps Research Institute (Qualcomm Scholar MD master’s degree), Case Western Reserve University (wireless health master’s degree), Wireless Health UCLA (Wireless Health 2011 partner), National Institutes of Health (mHealth Summer Institute partner)
- Government Affairs: mHealth Alliance (strategic advisor), Wireless Reach (Qualcomm partnership), World Economic Forum (Telecom Council chair), EuHMA
- Health Pavilions: CITA The Wireless Association, Medica, mHealth Summit
- Qualcomm Life Fund: Qualcomm Ventures has established a substantial wireless health fund and has invested in several companies to date. Read more about the Qualcomm Life Fund >
Boasting world-class engineering services and unrivalled telecomm experience, Qualcomm Life will draw from Qualcomm’s experience as a recognized pioneer and leader in wireless technology around the world.
When you choose Qualcomm Life as your wireless platform provider, you can say “goodbye” to the challenges of wireless connectivity and “hello” to your vision for wireless health.